Here is a simplified step-by-step guide based from the kit instructions (refer here for more detailed instruction). I love how Papemelroti consciously promotes not only recycling materials but earth-friendly activities, too!
*bunch of scratch/used paper
*Deckle (part of kit)
*Mold (part of kit)
1. Tear/cut used paper into 1/2 inch squares.
2. Use a blender to mix the paper with water. I used the proportion: 2.5 cups of paper = 3.5 cups of water.
3. Place mixed paper and water into the basin. Add 2 tablespoon starch.
|(Kinda looks like food...)|
4. Place the deckle on top of the mold (wires should be in between) and scoop up paper. Shake a bit to get rid of excess water.
5. Remove Deckle and place Mold on newspaper with the used paper between the mold and newspaper. Using a sponge, soak up remaining excess water.
6. Detach Deckle from the paper. Design *optional*.
|Design # 1: Decided to press some dried leaves|
|Design # 2: Paper with dried flower petals|
7. Leave the paper for 0.5-1 day or until dry. By then it should detach easily from the newspaper.
Relatively easy, right?
Verdict: Fun to do and very informative but if you desperately need papers, better just buy a ream from the store! I think I cut out around 50 used-up paper to make 17 sheets of paper. Plus I spent hours doing this stuff!